This MOM is so, so, so happy to have Given home!!! He had such a great time in India, but I started counting the hours until he was with me again.
I was a little bit concerned about Given's ability to adapt back to the central time zone after spending 3 weeks on the other side of the globe! Bombay is 11 hours ahead of us, so his days and nights were completely turned upside down.
I'll start by saying that it was a fun and happy reunion. It seemed like a day hadn't passed. Given is really the same 'ol Given : ) We made some phone calls to family members before we went to bed...all was well. Until.....
Given was wide awake at 3:30am. He popped up and said, “Mom, it’s time to get up. Let’s play now.”
I told him it was night time and that he needed to go back to sleep so he could get back on Dallas time. He was hungry, and since I had a small ziploc bag of cereal by my bed, he ate it…in bed…in the dark. Crunch, crunch, crunch.
By 4:00am I told him that it was too early for me to get up, but if he wanted to, he could go in his room and play….he did….and later came back to tell me he was finished playing and he wanted to eat. By then it was 4:20am. We went back into the kitchen and restocked his cereal bag.
At 4:45am, he brought his musical instruments into Mom's bed; we took turns playing the xylophone, tambourine, and piano. Thinking back on it later today, I kept giggllng at the realization that we were in a two-man band in the middle of the night!!! I barely remembered it when I woke up this morning...but it all came back to me as the day wore on.
By 5:00am he was ready to go to chick-fil-a to get a buttered biscuit for breakfast. I told him that cfa doesn’t open until 6:30am, so he ate more cereal to hold him over. Then he got some race cars from his room to take to his grandma’s this morning.
I tried not to be a complete zombie at work today. I am certainly NOT complaining. I'll take a week of sleepless nights as long as he's with me.
He has done much better today. He has been up all day, and he only had a 2 1/2 hour nap. At this very moment he is splashing in the bathtub. All is right in my world again tonight.
P R A I S E G O D!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment