Friday, January 06, 2012

Movie Night & Fun Times - January 2012

Given and I went to the Friday night movies. We saw We Bought A Zoo. It had some funny moments, yet Mom cried an awful lot... True stories do that. **sniff, sniff**

"All you need is 20 seconds of insane courage and I promise you something amazing will happen"...
Saturday we invited Given's grandma, Dadi, to go out for Chaat. We had Mixed Chaat at The Chaat House. It was delicious!!!

Of course, Given enjoyed his favorite drink, a mango "frooti".
Thanks to Skype, we are able to have family fun and play together, even while Brandon is out of town. Given got Candyland for Christmas, so we figured out how to play it as a family online.


Of course, we had to put our own spin on it...notice our lego figures scampering through Candyland

We always seem to be looking for new players. We've found that Happy Meal toys are just the right size to play with on the board. In fact, we've played with the smurfs, the chipmunks, and hot wheel cars! (The front wheels are the place markers.) : )

In the interest of embracing cultures, I had to giggle when Given introduced his legos to the Russian matryoshka 'nesting dolls'.
It's not all fun and games. Given has to do his chores, too. I asked him to feed the cat, then I heard his voice down the hall, "I did my chores, Mom." Well, there was enough cat food for two weeks! Let's try again, son : )

Although he has a digital camera, Given found this old 35mm camera and started taking pictures. I tried to explain the process of buying and loading film, taking it to the store to be developed, etc. He thought it was pretty funny, then he went back to pretending to take pictures of everything! His favorite part was winding the reel for the next picture.


I'm happy to report that Given has done a great job with his AWANAs work! He finished the first book, breezed through his review, and is now working on extra verses. He can say the book of the New Testament in a flash. Way to go!! I still need to iron his patches on the vest, but I nearly put a hole in his vest the last time, so I'm gathering courage before I try the next one.


Approved Workmen Are Not Ashamed! (AWANA)

No comments: