Saturday, February 05, 2011

February 4, 2011

February 4th is the Mom_of_G's Birthday! The ice and snow in Dallas caused the office to be closed two days this week --- the roads were awful! So I was happy to spend my birthday at home with Given!

The first thing we did was build a barn for the farm animals. Given stacked the building blocks while I set out to make a major cool barn out of legos.

**On a side note: Given tossed out a curse word repeatedly and unashamedly. This would be the same word he threw up at age 2, and it has reared its ugly head again. This time, he knows better... yet I do understand that building barns and forts can become increasingly frustrating. LOL **

Anyway, my barn looked a little bit like a castle, but our cows and chickens and horses deserve the best!
Then we set out to play with the green army men. Given told me the farm and army were presents for me....so we played army. We then built bonfires with pieces of real wood and some flames made of colorful construction paper. Then, we made pup tents for the soldiers. "Cool, mom!"

And then...it was time to go outside and play in the snow! We bundled up in several layers and set out to play. The snow was thick, but it was too dry and powdery to make a snowman. Given decided to make a trail of snow angels.....some were made belly-down : )

We walked over to the park...and took a quick swing....

As you can tell...Mom made a snow angel, too. It was fun. It reminded me of childhood, making snow angels in Big Grandma's yard.

And we took off all of our layers at the front door so we wouldn't track snow all through the house. Here is our pile of clothing...for two people.

I checked the mail when we returned...and I had two great surprises! Mom's cookies had arrived, so happy birthday to me! And my wedding tiara arrived in the mail! I tried it on, and loved it so much I wore it for a few hours...and ate some bday cookies : )
Given and his dog, Luke, surprised me with a Red Velvet birthday cake! Thanks to his dad and grandparents for helping him with the logistics of the cake : ) It was very sweet!

Given also got me a great card and some iTunes cash to spend : ) Thanks to Brandon for helping him with that!

When we got to Palio's Pizza, Given presented me with my birthday gift that he hand picked --- a marble!
I had a great dinner with two of my favorite people. We cleaned up the Nutty Hawaiian pizza in a flash!

And finished the evening with some Ben & Jerry's delightfulness. What a wonderful day!!! Thanks to Given and Brandon for showing me so much LOVE!!!


No comments: