Childhood is the most beautiful of all life's seasons.
~Author Unknown
I just looked up long enough to realize that this is the LAST week in January 2009. Once again, I ask myself where the time went...and pray I did my best to spend the time wisely.
One of the greatest blessings of the month was Grandma Susie's visit to Dallas!! Since I was teaching WinterTerm classes at the community college for three weeks --- Monday through Friday nights from 6-9:15pm each night --- she agreed to come to the Big D to watch Given...and help me make it through such a CRAZY schedule!
Together, they were a great team. Some of my favorite pictures are of cookie-making, sidewalk-chalking, and snuggling.
Rest assured, they had a blast. The weather one Friday afternoon was so great that we all took a quick trip to the zoo.
One weekend the three of us took a trip to Austin to see Uncle Tom. Uncle Tom and Big Al cooked us a wonderful meal. Then, Big Al brought out the antique toys : ) Mainly, an old McDonald's play set. Given thought it was wonderful. Then Big Al got out his very cool remote control car, and Given loved it. Check it out in the McDonald's parking lot. LOL!
Check out the remote control hotrod in the McDonald's parking lot! LOL
The month of January 2009 brought another 'first' for Given....he got to go to the theatre to watch a movie! Mom & Dad took him to see Hotel for Dogs. It was a cute movie that kept his attention the entire time. He got to enjoy some popcorn, too.
Given also got a cool new 'toy'....well, I bought it quite a long time ago, but this seemed like a good weekend to get it out. Given got a CARS movie flashlight. Oh...he LOVES the flashlight...and insists on taking it everywhere he goes....even sleeps with it. I never truly realized what a wonderful toy a flashlight is to a two-year-old!
Another BIG DEAL in January is the addition to our family...Dougie. Dougie is our new cat...we welcomed him to our home on Saturday thanks to a coworker who could no longer keep him. Given gave him the name Dougie...and Dougie is now coming around and feeling more comfortable with us.
We also brought out the Play-Doh this weekend. It's fun to play with it together...and as long as it stays on the tile....it's ALL GOOD!!
Here's one more funny story....Given accidentally locked me out of the house on Saturday. OOPS. Thank the Lord....our neighbor (the one with a spare key) was home and quickly came to our aid. It was so cold outside...I just stepped out to put some dead flower leaves in the mulch pile. In an instant....he turned the key and coudn't get it turned back....but at least neither of us freaked out!!! Again...Praise God for seeing us through it.
One final note......as the month of January comes to a close, I want to wish my little sister, Auntie Martha, a happy and blessed Birthday on the 28th. She is my heart...and a source of encouragement and inspiration...a mother beyond reproach...and a fabulous Auntie to Given. My life is better because she is in it. My sister is proof of how much God Loves Me. Happy Birthday, Sis.

1 comment:
I love that I can comment on your blogs! I'm using my business account since I am going to make it a point to blog on it at least once per week!
Given is so adorable. I hope to be able to meet him someday. I'm sure he's even cuter in person!
Post a Comment