Friday, May 23, 2008

He said...

I called to talk to my baby on the phone as I left my evening class Thursday night. It was appropaching 9:30 pm - his bedtime. Given was with his daddy, auntie, and dadi. They handed Given the phone...and much to my surprise, my baby had a real phone conversation with me. This milestone caught me by surprise, though I saw it coming...

My baby is growing up on me!!!

When he took the phone I said, "Hi Baby! How's my guy?'
He said, "Hi Mama!"
When I asked him if he was playing, he said, "No. I'm in the car."
I asked him if he went to the store, he said, "Yes. I ate kitchi-chaat. And bread. And ice cream!"
"Ice Cream? That's so great!" I exclaimed.
He said, "Where are you, mama?"
"Mama's at the office. I love you, Given. I'll talk to you soon, baby."
He closed with, "I love you, Mama."


I love you too, baby.....

No comments: