Saturday, March 08, 2008

Going to Office


On Friday morning I asked Given if I could take his car to work with me. He said, "No mama...I take it to office." Sneaky baby. He thinks he can get to the office with MamaTomma by carrying the car...helping Mama out, if you will.

I walked into the bathroom before I left; I had a large ice scraper in my hand. I asked him one more time if I could take his car. He knows how to bargain...I traded the car for the ice scraper and left for work.

When I got there, my boss asked me if I had the car in my pocket....and I told her that Given wanted to bring it himself...and I nearly brought him. She said I should bring him...and to feel free to do so with her special permission. So, I decided to pick him up at lunch and bring him into the office.....a happy distraction on a Friday afternoon.

He was excited as he hopped into the car. He brought Honeydog and his MiniCooper car with him. Let me just say this: Given made BANK at Mama's office.

Ms. Monie gave him $2 so he could get ice cream after work, and she let him set at her conference table while she worked. She pulled the maracas out of her hutch and danced along with him. She showed him pictures of her son and grandson and niece. Given was totally captivated by her.

Auntie Pam gave him some Easter egg candy, which Given held in his little palms until it started to melt with the pressure and seep out of the aluminum foil wrapping. He told each person he saw that he had candy...."This one's Mama's....This one's Given's."

"Raul Uncle" was totally into Given, who brought back fond memories of his own son as a small child. Raul showered Given with toys, including a cow, Mardi Gras beads, and an Easter Bunny.

Auntie Donna gave him cookies along with the normal hugs and kisses.

Ms. Dana have him $1 to get some candy from the vending machine.

Mr. Fred let Given wear his Razorback Hog Helmet and play with his deck of Razorback cards.

Mama and Auntie Pam and Fred had a meeting in Fred's office. I told Given it was time to work, so he had to sit in the chair and listen. He sat there, watched us talk for over ten minutes. At some point we looked over at him and he was sitting in the chair...sound asleep. ; ) Fred has that effect on people....LOL!!

Given got some grief over his Texas Longhorns sweatshirt, but overall he was well received.

MamaTomma could not have been prouder.

No comments: