Thursday, September 06, 2007

Thankful

I am thankful…
For my little boy’s toes…
His smile…
The quirky things he does…
Like put my shoes on
And run around the house
And brush his teeth every morning
All by himself.


I am thankful…
For my little boy’s giggle
And the way he says Luke like Nu
And how he loves to drop his dirty diaper in the trash can
All by himself.


I am thankful…
For my little boy’s hands
The way he starts clapping
When he hears people clapping on TV
And dancing when he hears music
And makes the police siren sound
All by himself.


And when my little boy jams
A tiny piece of paper
Into the CD drive on the laptop
- A minute too late for me to stop him -
I cannot help but laugh and shake my head
Because he is so proud to have opened the door
- Though now it won't close!! -
All by himself


Is the love I have for this little boy
enough
to carry me through
for the rest of my life?


I would give everything up for him...and I will strive to be the mother he deserves – without distraction – from now on.

No comments: