Vroooom…vroom…idle…idle…revvvvvvvv…idle…
This goes on for 10 minutes at a time – non-stop, loud-car-engine noises, similar to the revving of a motorcycle – in the parking garage outside our house. Sometimes it sounds like we live near a racetrack.
Hiren and I have scoped out this noisy vehicle, looked at it scornfully, pondered WHY someone would let their car idle for so long in the parking garage in warm weather, and rolled our eyes every time we hear it roaring outside our window at various hours.
Last night, the roaring started at 11pm, just as I had *finally* gotten Given to sleep. I walked out of the bedroom and said to Hiren, “There’s that stupid car again! It’s going to wake Given up!”
Hiren said, “I’ll be back” and walked out the door. Soon thereafter, I heard the car noise stop and then I heard people talking outside for quite some time. I peered out the window, wondering if Hiren got in someone’s face and was getting a beating… I then wondered if he just left and went to the store. I peered outside the bedroom window. I couldn’t see anyone, but I could hear voices. I started looking out the peephole of my front door. I could hear the conversation a little better. The defendant was talking to Hiren, saying he understood; Hiren told him it was nice to meet him and that he has a nice car.
Hiren walked in the door and I planted a kiss on his lips. I asked for details; specifically asking if he jumped the guy or what. He said he started to jump him, but ended up just talking to him and explaining that the noise from his car was disturbing, especially at 11pm. He explained that we had a sleeping baby who wakes up when the loud engine noise goes on for such a long time.
The guy explained that he has a high performance car and it has to run for 10 minutes to get warmed up or something will crack or break (?). However, he said he would be careful about the hours he drove it (his second car) and be more considerate of his neighbors and sleeping babies.
Last night, I was so proud of my HE(i)R(en)O
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment